Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A quote from Martin Luther King!!!

"To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing"~
Do you ever find yourself sitting at home or work and the day is just awful????
A Scenario:
The baby's screaming, the 5 year old wants to know why trees are green, the 8 year old wants something to eat and the 10 year old wants to go to a friends house, all at the same time.....So do you Explode and tell them all to shut up and go away or do you calmly hand the baby to the 10 year old and tell her not now you need her help, fix the 8 year old a snack ,while explaining to the 5 year old the miracle of photosynthesis???
I can tell you that when my day is like this and I explode I know I haven't covered my day or my children with prayer (and I can tell you I, personally, explode more than I'm calm!!!) Prayer is the language of heaven. In America we speak primarily English, well heaven speaks primarily prayer!!! We open the heavens when we pray. It's our language to God.
I know that on the day I'm calm it's because I've been speaking with Jesus and he has once again calmed the storm in me. So I agree 100% with Martin Luther......A life without prayer is not a life worth living at all.
for quality health and beauty products visit me at: http://bstoffregen.qhealthbeauty.com

4 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you for sharing your thoughts.

Miriam Pauline said...

"heaven speaks primarily prayer" I love this line. Thank you for sharing!

eph2810 said...

I have to agree with MiPa. Your line about "heaven speaks primarily prayer" is wonderful. I know that the heavenly language has helped me in many situations.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this week's IOW quote.

Blessings to your and yours...

Darlene Schacht said...

I love how you said, "Jesus calms the storm in me" I never thought of it that way before. It's awesome!