Tuesday, October 24, 2006




"Has someone seen the life
I planned? It seems it's been misplaced
I've looked in every corner
It's lost without a trace..."
~ Beth Moore~
From the poem: "The Life I Planned "
I remember fantasizing how cool of a mom I would be. I would drink and party with my kids, I would be the coolest mom ever. I laugh now, but I am sooooo glad the Lord got a hold of me before I had children. I know that's not like a deep spiritual sense of the poem, but to me it is.
I remember wanting children so bad, but if I would have had them I would have destroyed them. I was so selfish(way more than I am now). I wanted a doll, that would make me cool.
It's neat how God works though, I did have a baby out of wedlock, but because it was God's timing she changed my life. I knew she needed me and so I quit all bad things. (smoking, drugs, alcohol, sleeping around) And I followed God. In his timing I saw the need to clean myself up instead of bringing her to where I was. God is good.
Now I am a mother of three, I stay at home with them and I am big on their education and their spiritual growth, a place I never saw myself. It's amazing.

2 comments:

Amydeanne said...

Thanks for being so honest! I can relate to you very much! God sure does amazing things to turn us around!

melanie said...

it is truley amazing that He has placed them in our care isn't it? i am truly amazed and humbled by Him. love to you!