Tuesday, October 24, 2006

In Other Words:




"Has someone seen the life
I planned? It seems it's been misplaced
I've looked in every corner
It's lost without a trace..."
~ Beth Moore~
From the poem: "The Life I Planned "
I remember fantasizing how cool of a mom I would be. I would drink and party with my kids, I would be the coolest mom ever. I laugh now, but I am sooooo glad the Lord got a hold of me before I had children. I know that's not like a deep spiritual sense of the poem, but to me it is.
I remember wanting children so bad, but if I would have had them I would have destroyed them. I was so selfish(way more than I am now). I wanted a doll, that would make me cool.
It's neat how God works though, I did have a baby out of wedlock, but because it was God's timing she changed my life. I knew she needed me and so I quit all bad things. (smoking, drugs, alcohol, sleeping around) And I followed God. In his timing I saw the need to clean myself up instead of bringing her to where I was. God is good.
Now I am a mother of three, I stay at home with them and I am big on their education and their spiritual growth, a place I never saw myself. It's amazing.

No comments: