Sunday, November 26, 2006

IN OTHER WORDS:




"God has delivered us, He has parted waters for us,
He has made water gush forth from rocks and sent us our own manna from heaven.
He has brought us into our own Promised Land.
Will I miss the opportunity to tell the story to our children?"
I can remember sitting in a chair so high on drugs and actually seeing hell before my eyes(i was hallucinating) I would scream in my head for the lord to save me.....Then I remember that night, a knife so close to my throat, my mind telling me this is how I deserved to die, and then a God releasing hate from the assailant to lead him to hand me his weapon....I cried all night for a life that was full of sin who knew only a "in heaven" type of god, for the first time I knew he stood right there in that very room with me.....I rolled a joint that afternoon and for the first time I saw the sin in the drug and as his spirit took me over I wept for the sadness the lord had every time I used a drug.....For the first time I knew he lived inside me.....He delivered me from the hell I lived.....my life is a witness to his power.....They will be blessed by it.

9 comments:

eph2810 said...

Sometimes we have to hit "rock bottom" before we realize that there is Someone who loves us, in spite of anything that is going on in our life. Thank you for sharing...

Miriam Pauline said...

what a powerful story. Thank you for sharing.

Lori said...

What a testimony you have. I praise God he is a God of deliverance.

Amydeanne said...

rock bottom... though mine was different, I've been there.
hugs to you hon! what a wonderful and glorious God we have who takes us from our dispair and heals us!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ said...

Wow! Rock bottom indeed. I am sure God is and will use you as you can reach out to others,understanding this pull. Thanks for sharing.

http://joyinthemorning.clubmom.com

CJ said...

They certainly will be blessed by your experience, just as we all have been! Not only has He saved you, but He has lead you to bring your children to Him as well. What an amazing testiment to the capabilities of His love!

Heth said...

What a powerful testimony you have! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

tear, tear I am so proud of you. You are an awesome woman of God. I am looking forward to Thursday.

Yes, I started a blog on the encouragement of some old friends.

Christine said...

I have chills reading this. What a witness to others in that situation. Your sufferings were for a purpose- so you can now be a comfort to others. Praise God for your transformation!